Thursday 8 May 2014

Looking back to your preliminary task,what do you feel that you have learnt in the progression from it to the final product




Looking at my final designs for my preliminary task and main task I can see a clear progression from then till now. My front cover page is more structured and detailed, which looks more attractive and sophisticated. The preliminary task enabled me to learn the fundamental basics of how to use different technologies such as Photoshop – these skills were then transferred to the main task with an addition of many others. This is very clear with the color scheme used as I learnt how to attract my target audience well through the research and planning done. E.g. pink has connotations with being ‘girly’ which is effective as girls are my target audience. As oppose to the colour scheme of black and orange used for my college magazine which isn't  as effective and is quite hard on the eye. 
The main addition I have noticed with my contrasting contents pages is how they are structured within the page. With my preliminary task the page numbers are randomly placed around rather than placed with in a structured box as done so in my main task contents page. More pictures have also been used as I have learnt through photo shop how to crop and place images around a page effectively.

Overall, I felt I have learnt most about how to use different technologies in order to attract my target audience. 

No comments :

Post a Comment